- Compared to the prior year second quarter, comparable store traffic increased 0.2%, comparable store restaurant sales increased 3.3% and comparable store retail sales increased 3.1%.
- Fifth consecutive quarter of positive comparable traffic, restaurant sales and retail sales, and outperformance of the Knapp-Track TM casual dining index.
- On a GAAP basis, operating income margin was 8.1% of total revenue, compared with 7.0% in the prior year quarter. Adjusted for proxy contest and severance expenses, adjusted operating income margin was 8.4% of total revenue, compared with 7.5% in the prior year quarter. (See non-GAAP reconciliation below.)
- On a GAAP basis, earnings per diluted share were $1.47, compared to $1.10 in the prior year quarter. Adjusted for proxy contest and severance expenses, and the prior year benefit from the Work Opportunities Tax Credit (“WOTC”), adjusted earnings per diluted share were $1.43 compared to adjusted earnings per diluted share of $1.20 in the prior year quarter. Second quarter GAAP EPS includes $0.19 per diluted share due to the retroactive reinstatement (effective January 1, 2012) of the WOTC, of which $0.09 per share relates to the prior fiscal year. (See non-GAAP reconciliation below.)
Cracker Barrel Reports Results For Second Quarter Fiscal 2013
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.