- Net sales increased 12.8% to $315.5 million.
- Retail comparable store sales increased 5.9%.
- Gross margin improved to 39.3% compared to 35.5% in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- The effective tax rate was 35.0% compared to 38.6% in the prior year’s fourth quarter due to the reinvestment, indefinitely, of a portion of earnings from the Company’s foreign operations in such foreign operations.
- Net income was $33.0 million, or $0.74 per diluted share. Net income included a $1.0 million benefit related to a greater-than-anticipated recovery in the bankruptcy process of a note receivable from the Company’s former licensee for Betsey Johnson retail and apparel, a portion of which was charged to impairment expense in the second quarter of 2012. On an after-tax basis, the benefit positively impacted net income in the fourth quarter by $0.6 million, or $0.01 per diluted share. Net income in the fourth quarter of 2011 was $23.8 million, or $0.55 per diluted share.
Steve Madden Announces Fourth Quarter And Full Year 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts