NORTHVILLE, Mich., Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Gentherm (NASDAQ-GS: THRM), the global market leader and a developer of innovative thermal management technologies, today announced that its proprietary Climate Control Seat™ (CCS™) system has been selected for the all-new 2013 Range Rover L405 luxury sport utility vehicle. The Range Rover L405, the fourth-generation of Range Rover to be manufactured by Land Rover, was introduced at the Paris Motor Show in September and is sold throughout the world. The heated and cooled seat system will be available for the front and rear seats.
President and Chief Executive Officer Daniel R. Coker said, "Land Rover is a valued partner of Gentherm and we are pleased that our seat system will continue to be offered in its flagship vehicle. It was first offered as an option for the front seats in the 2007 model year Range Rover, and since then has been well received. The heated and cooled seat feature will be standard fit for front and rear occupants in the Autobiography version and will allow all occupants of the vehicle to experience the year-round comfort the seat system provides. In addition, we believe that the fact that CCS is included in the reengineering of this prestigious vehicle demonstrates Land Rover's belief in the value of our technology."
In the CCS system, which is built around Gentherm's highly-efficient, solid-state thermoelectric device, air is forced through the heat pump and thermally conditioned in response to electronic switch input from the seat occupant. The conditioned air circulates by a specially designed fan through ducts in the seat cushion, resulting in a surface that can be heated or cooled. Each seat has individual electronic controls to adjust the level of heating or cooling. CCS substantially improves comfort compared with conventional air conditioners by focusing the cooling directly on the occupant through the seat.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV