Public Show Support For Renewable Energy
KINGSTON UPON THAMES, England, February 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
The future of energy in the UK is a major concern for the government, for private businesses and for members of the public. It has been reported this week that British people are keen to see more work done in the field of renewable energy and the team at renewable energy solutions provider Enviko is enthused by the report.
The government is often keen to gauge public opinion on some of the bigger questions regarding the future of the country before pressing ahead with plans and policies. The considerable support shown for renewable energy represents a clear statement about where public opinion lies with regard to green energy, nuclear energy and fossil fuels.
The government itself carried out the latest survey into public opinion on the future of energy through the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC). The report found that members of the public were overwhelmingly in favour of renewable energy, with 79 per cent of participants willing to show support for greener operations.82 per cent of people demonstrated their approval of solar energy while 72 per cent of those taking part in the survey approved of wind energy. Wave and tidal energy also attracted a good deal of backing with the support of 71 per cent of participants. To give these numbers a little perspective with regard to the survey in question, only 37 per cent of people were prepared to offer their approval of nuclear energy and 67 per cent claimed to be actively concerned about fossil fuel energy and its ability to meet demand. These figures were set against a backdrop of 88 per cent of participants worried about the projected rise of energy prices over the next two decades.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV