February 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
The AIDS and hepatitis C viruses expose healthcare personnel to the risk of viral transmission (see the section
Accidental exposure to blood:
risks for healthcare personnel) as a result of:
- accidental injuries during treatment (needles, scalpels, lancets, bone fragments, etc.)
- contact with body fluids that contain blood
To view the Multimedia News Release, please click:
Thanks to a new patented technology developed by Hutchinson Santé, an innovative player in the fight against infection risks and in the comfort of healthcare personnel, the G-VIR® glove reduces the risk of contamination in cases of accidental exposure to blood, as shown in the study published in the February edition of
(read the opinion of Prof. Charles Edmiston, surgeon and epidemiologist in
- Milwaukee, United States-, co-author of the article).
The G-VIR® is an active protection glove, designed and developed to improve protection for carers against the risks of viral contamination
. The G-VIR® is made up of 3 layers. The middle layer includes a disinfecting liquid dispersed as micro-droplets (see:
G-VIR®, innovative technology for protecting carers
): in the case of an accidental puncture, the disinfecting liquid is released on the inside and the outside of the sharp to inactivate the viruses.
The study presented in
the abstract of which
he first to test the efficacy
of the G-VIR® in reducing the transmission of the AIDS virus
- the studies carried out up to now had assessed the G-VIR®'s performance on a number of model viruses, such as BVDV, FIV, and HSV1
but never on HIV.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts