Dubai's First Classroom In The Sky
DUBAI, UAE, February 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Seawings, the UAE's luxury seaplane tour operator, organized Dubai's first-ever aerial educational tours on February 17, 2013. The 40 minute seaplane tours were part of its recently launched education programme - Higher Learning. The programme was attended by over 50 students from the Al Khaleej National School at the Seawings base in Jebel Ali Beach Hotel.
Each flight was preceded by a 30 minute briefing designed by educators to provide the information necessary for students to derive the greatest educational benefit from the tour.Students on the Seawings Education Programme gain a unique perspective on the history, development, architecture, economy and ecology of Dubai. "It was a lot of fun. I never expected Dubai to look so different from the photographs and videos which we have seen in class. The best thing was I could sit next to the pilot," said Sahel who was among the first few students who took the flight. The tour also provides an aerial perspective on the commercial, industrial and residential infrastructure located in the particular natural environment that deﬁnes Dubai. "There is so much diversity within the landscape and Dubai's coastline. It is a very different experience for the students." said Peter Milne, an independent education consultant, who helped Seawings design the programme. The programme has been carefully designed to ensure that the ﬂight forms part of an overall educational experience that enhances some of the major international curriculums being oﬀered in the UAE. The programme is of most direct beneﬁt to geography students, but can be beneﬁcial to students of other subjects including the sciences, history and art & design.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV