F5 Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: FFIV) today announced that its latest software release of the Traffix ™ Signaling Delivery Controller ™ (SDC ™) product is optimized for software defined networking (SDN) and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) architectures. Many leading telecom network operators have acknowledged SDN concepts and initiated a new standards group for virtualization of network functions as a part of ETSI (European Telecommunication Standards Institute). F5 delivers Diameter and control plane solutions that have the ability to run in virtualized environments with increased programmability and integration with network orchestration systems. F5 solutions provide core technology that helps service providers transition their networks from a 2G/3G to a 4G LTE all-IP infrastructure.
“NFV and SDN appeal to service providers, promising reduced hardware costs and increased flexibility,” said David Snow, Principal Analyst at Current Analysis. “F5’s experience with high-scale service provider networks and virtualized infrastructures adds a degree of momentum to its new SDC ‘SDN-ready’ signaling offering as the market ramps up for SDN Diameter signaling solutions.”
“F5’s Traffix SDC solutions have been deployed at more than 25 locations—including tier 1 carriers and service providers—because customers demand the reliability and performance of a mature and proven Diameter product,” said Ben Volkow, VP of Product Development at F5. “In addition, the Traffix SDC now offers service providers the ability to automate and program the network dynamically and realize NFV capabilities to bring network elements to x86-based server infrastructures. Service providers can now leverage our SDN/NFV-ready SDC signaling solution to benefit from simpler and faster network changes, reduced complexity and costs, and maximum business agility.”
F5 enables service providers to optimize, scale, and simplify their service architectures and monetize their layer 4–7 networks with new revenue-generating application services. The F5 ® Traffix ™ SDC ™ is the market’s most mature Diameter routing, load balancing, and connectivity solution supporting service providers’ ability to control and manage LTE network signaling.The SDN/NFV-ready solution features:
- Support for the leading servers on the market, enabling operators to leverage the same infrastructure for multiple network services. The platform is virtualization-ready with the ability to run on both VMware ESX and KVM hypervisors.
- A unique scripting capability and a new API to enable operators to program and automate policy-based configuration changes based upon the changing signaling and network conditions. This allows them to abstract the business logic from the device configuration in a programmatic manner.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV