Dolby Laboratories Inc. (NYSE: DLB) announced today that ZTE Corporation (ZTE) (H share stock code: 0763.HK/A share stock code: 000063.SZ) will feature Dolby ® Digital Plus™ in a wide range of ZTE smartphones and tablets, including the ZTE Grand Memo, the world’s first smartphone to be powered by Dolby Digital Plus technology, with a next-generation audio processing engine to deliver Dolby’s latest in sound technology. The smartphone will soon be available in Europe.
"Delivering a quality entertainment experience is key to meeting the needs of today’s mobile consumers,” said Mr. He Shiyou, Executive Vice President and Head of the Terminal Division at ZTE. “By working with the world’s audio leader, Dolby, we can bring the rich, immersive audio experience envisioned by the music artist, film director, or sound designer to smartphone consumers wherever they go.”
Thanks to Dolby Digital Plus and its next-generation processing engine, the ZTE Grand Memo features:
- A more realistic, immersive surround sound experience: Movie, television, or music content played on the ZTE Grand Memo’s speakers or headphones will be heard with more depth, creating a powerful, virtual surround sound experience.
- Crisp, clear dialogue: Dolby’s audio technology can detect the presence of dialogue and instantly improve its intelligibility so that the viewer hears the whole story.
- Volume consistency: Dolby’s unique volume-leveling technology maintains one consistent volume level when the user switches back and forth between different media, such as movies or web content, as well as between different media players.
- Custom tuning by Dolby engineers: Producing the most natural, balanced sound with more bass and treble and the least possible noise and distortion requires custom tuning designed to optimize for the specific device—in this case, the ZTE Grand Memo.
- Power efficient solution: Dolby technology is built to support optimal performance and power management for the ZTE Grand Memo.
Mike Chao, Managing Director, Dolby Laboratories Greater China, said, “Great sound is essential to great entertainment, whether you are enjoying your entertainment in the movie theatre, from your living room television, or on your smartphone. ZTE shares our commitment to great sound, and with the ZTE Grand Memo, consumers can now have a great entertainment experience anywhere they go.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV