Skyworks Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ: SWKS), an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors enabling a broad range of end markets, is ramping several antenna tuning products with leading smartphone manufacturers. Skyworks’ devices are meeting the market demand for tunable antennas which dramatically improve performance by increasing data throughput, reducing dropped calls and minimizing the antenna footprint needed for today’s multiband LTE smartphones.
With the proliferation of the worldwide mobile spectrum, smartphone manufacturers are seeking new analog semiconductor solutions that can efficiently handle more than 20 cellular frequency bands in addition to WiFi and Bluetooth®. Antenna tuning and antenna diversity are both key elements to solving these challenges. Antenna tuning enhances cellular operators’ available spectrum while antenna diversity is an effective means for improving RF transmission performance. Together they provide a highly efficient platform to optimize today’s demanding radiated requirements. Skyworks has developed a suite of patented and highly innovative solutions that address this market opportunity.
“Skyworks is enabling higher data rates while reducing the number of antennas required to support global roaming in data-intensive smartphones,” said David Stasey, general manager of analog solutions at Skyworks. “We are pleased with the design win traction of our antenna tuning solutions and excited to be further expanding our portfolio. With customers facing unprecedented analog and RF complexity and placing greater value on system performance, Skyworks is uniquely positioned to capitalize on this front-end opportunity while capturing increasing dollar content per platform.”
About Skyworks’ Switching Technology
- SKY13448-001 is a single-pole, double throw LTE/WCDMA/GSM transmit switch controlled by an integrated general purpose input/output interface with a control pin. This high power, ultra linear 0.1 – 3.0 gigahertz (GHz) switch is provided in a compact, 8-bump, 1.1 x 1.1 x 0.36 millimeter wafer level chip scale package that meets demanding requirements for board-level assembly. Its high linearity is especially useful for switching co-existence notch filters for tuning antenna performance. Samples are available now.
- SKY13396-397LF is a state-of-the-art, complementary metal-oxide semiconductor, Silicon-on-insulator, double-pole, double-throw (DPDT) switch that provides high linearity performance, low insertion loss and high isolation. This high linearity DPDT is particularly well suited for driving today’s antenna diversity solutions. Operating from 0.1 – 3.0 GHz, it comes in a compact, quad flat, no-lead 2.0 x 2.0 mm package. Samples will be available in the second quarter of 2013.
- SKY19001-001 is a single pole, single throw, aperture-tuning, field-effect transistor switch with integrated logic and bias block. This 1.5 x 1.55 mm device can achieve high linearity and ruggedness using a 2.65 voltage supply. Ultra low insertion loss allows high Q tuning, keeping front-end losses to a minimum. Samples will be available in the second quarter of 2013.
- SKY19101-001 is a 6-bit, 1.6 x 2.0 mm mobile industry processor interface, programmable, binary-weighted digital capacitor. Linearity and ruggedness under high voltage standing-wave radio and low voltage supply makes it an ideal choice for antenna tuning applications. Samples will be available in the second quarter of 2013.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts