NEW YORK, Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TheStreet, Inc. (NASDAQ: TST), a leading digital financial media company, today announced that the Compensation Committee of TheStreet's Board of Directors approved an inducement award to John C. Ferrara in connection with his appointment as TheStreet's Chief Financial Officer.
On February 16, 2013, TheStreet previously announced the hiring of Mr. Ferrara, and on January 24, 2013, the Compensation Committee approved an equity award as an inducement material to Mr. Ferrara's acceptance of employment with the Company in accordance with NASDAQ Listing Rule 5635(c)(4). In connection with his appointment today, Mr. Ferrara received an option to purchase 325,000 shares of the Company's common stock, with an exercise price of $1.86 per share which is equal to today's closing price of the Company's Common Stock. The option has a seven year term and vests over a period of four years, with 25% vesting after one year of the grant date and the remaining 75% vesting in approximately equal monthly increments over the succeeding thirty-six months, provided his continuous employment through each vesting date, and subject to acceleration or forfeiture upon the occurrence of certain events as set forth in his option agreement.
TheStreet, Inc. is a leading digital financial media company that distributes its content through online, social media, tablet and mobile channels. The Company's network of brands includes: TheStreet, RealMoney, RealMoney Pro, The Deal, Stockpickr, Action Alerts PLUS, Options Profits, MainStreet and Rate-Watch. For more information on TheStreet's business, visit www.t.st. For financial and business news, actionable trading ideas, stock quotes and more, visit TheStreet.com, follow TheStreet on Facebook and Twitter, visit TheStreet.mobi from your mobile device and access TheStreet through all major tablet platforms. For more information on The Deal, visit www.thedeal.com. The TheStreet, Inc. logo is available at: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130102/NY35868LOGO-b.Contacts: Elisabeth DeMarseChairman, Chief Executive Officer and PresidentTheStreet, Inc.212-321-5234 email@example.com Erica MannionInvestor RelationsSapphire Investor Relations, LLC415-471-2700 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE TheStreet, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV