With Signs That Economy Could Stumble, Gold Rises
"We still understand that European trade consumers are living hand to mouth," Gero wrote in a note to clients, "and uncertainty still remains as to the growth prospects in China."
A survey released in China showed that manufacturing fell to a four-month low in February.
Oil was little changed. Benchmark crude fell 2 cents to $93.11 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange. In London, Brent crude was up 34 cents to $114.44. Traders will be watching talks that begin this week over Iran's nuclear program, which can affect the country's oil output.
In other energy futures trading, wholesale gasoline was unchanged at $3.26 a gallon. Heating oil fell less than 1 cent to $3.10 a gallon. Natural gas rose 12 cents to $3.41 per 1,000 cubic feet.Agricultural commodities were mixed. Wheat fell nearly 2 percent, down 13.5 cents to $7.0525 per bushel. Corn was up 3.25 cents to $6.935 per bushel. Soybeans fell 8.5 cents to $14.3525.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV