Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), a leading global technology distributor, today announced that it has named Erin Lewin senior vice president and general counsel effective immediately. Lewin will report to Avnet Chief Executive Officer Rick Hamada and serve as a member of the Avnet Executive Board and Global Executive Council. She is responsible for leading Avnet’s global legal team and providing advice and guidance to the company’s business leaders.
“Erin has demonstrated her ability to effectively guide a global team that deals with a complex, multinational legal environment while serving as a leader who fosters collaboration and employee engagement for her team,” said Hamada. “In addition, her thoughtful advice is a valuable resource to our business leaders in their decision making process. With her track record for success and experience as a leader and advisor, Erin has the right combination of talent and skills needed for our growing organization.”
Lewin joined Avnet in 2007 and, prior to her promotion, served as vice president and general counsel, Americas, providing legal advice and counsel to Avnet’s businesses in the Americas. In this capacity, she was responsible for legal counsel on merger and acquisition activities, advising executive management on strategic and tactical legal issues, and managing a team of internal and external legal professionals. Prior to this role, she served as Avnet’s chief ethics and compliance officer for two years, overseeing all aspects of Avnet’s ethics and compliance program globally.
Before joining Avnet, Lewin was managing director and associate general counsel of US Airways. She began her career as an attorney at the Phoenix law firm Fennemore Craig, P.C. She received her Bachelor of Arts from the University of Michigan and her Juris Doctor from the University of Michigan Law School.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV