CHARLOTTE, N.C., Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Snyder's-Lance Inc. (NASDAQ-GS: LNCE) today announced plans to close its bakery facility in Cambridge, Ontario effective May 17, 2013.
Snyder's-Lance conducted a comprehensive review of current manufacturing facilitates including capacity, capabilities and distribution costs to key markets. Based on that review, management has decided to close the Cambridge facility in order to reduce operating costs while consolidating production into other existing manufacturing sites.
The Company is providing impacted associates with severance and outplacement benefits as well as the opportunity to be considered for jobs that may exist in other Snyder's-Lance facilities.About Snyder's-Lance, Inc. Snyder's-Lance, Inc., headquartered in Charlotte, NC, manufactures and markets snack foods throughout the United States and internationally. The Company's products include pretzels, sandwich crackers, pretzel crackers, potato chips, cookies, tortilla chips, restaurant style crackers, nuts and other snacks. Snyder's-Lance has manufacturing facilities in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Indiana, Georgia, Arizona, Massachusetts, Florida, Ohio and Ontario, Canada. Products are sold under the Snyder's of Hanover®, Lance®, Cape Cod®, Pretzel Crisps®, Krunchers!®, Tom's®, Archway®, Jays®, Stella D'oro®, Eatsmart®, O-Ke-Doke®, Grande® and Padrinos® brand names along with a number of private label and third party brands. Products are distributed nationally through grocery and mass merchandisers, convenience stores, club stores, food service outlets and other channels. LNCE-G SOURCE Snyder's-Lance, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV