HSINCHU, Taiwan, and SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TSMC (TWSE: 2330, NYSE: TSM) and Altera Corporation (NASDAQ: ALTR) today reaffirmed their commitment to a long-term partnership to set new milestones in FPGA innovation. TSMC is Altera's primary foundry, supplying a wide array of processes to fulfill Altera's product portfolio, including soon-to-be-released 20 nm products, existing mainstream products, and long-lived legacy components.
Altera is fully engaged with TSMC on developing products based on next-generation process technologies. Altera's next major product family leverages TSMC's cost-effective 20SoC process for optimal power and performance and will include several significant product and technology innovations for both companies. Altera will continue to leverage future TSMC process technologies in its tailored product portfolio for performance, bandwidth, and power efficiency needs across diverse end applications.
"Over the course of our 20-year collaboration, Altera and TSMC have achieved many industry milestones that have greatly benefitted both companies," said John Daane, president, CEO and chairman of Altera. "TSMC remains an important part of our future product development. We look forward to continuing our close partnership to jointly develop technologies for next-generation products."
Morris Chang, TSMC's chairman and CEO added, "The history of collaboration between Altera and TSMC has exemplified the way fabless and foundry have nurtured each other to become a powerful force in the semiconductor industry. TSMC would not be where it is today without customers like Altera, and I firmly believe this partnership will continue to flourish."SOURCE TSMC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV