REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Feb. 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, and Teradata (NYSE:TDC), the analytic data solutions company, today announced that the Informatica Platform is now part of the Teradata Unified Data Architecture™ (UDA), delivering "map once, deploy anywhere" data integration optimization across Teradata Data Warehouse, Teradata Aster and Hadoop, based on cost and performance.
The combination of the Informatica Platform and Teradata UDA allows organizations to use the Informatica Virtual Data Machine to map data integration processes once, and then deploy them to run on workload-specific platforms within the Teradata UDA to power many type of analytics - all within a single data architecture. The solution provides customers the ability to:
- Minimize the cost and risk of moving to big data - Projects can be staffed with readily available data integration developers certified on Informatica, removing the need to find or train scarce and expensive Hadoop specialists.
- Align the right platform to the right job- For example, Teradata for data warehousing, Teradata Aster for data discovery and Hortonworks Data Platform for capturing and refining big data.
- Increase developer productivity by up to 500 percent - Visual no-code Informatica development eliminates time-intensive hand-coding and its associated costs.
"Teradata UDA combined with the Informatica Platform empowers organizations to analyze more data and incorporate new sources of data in their analytics, resulting in faster, deeper and richer business insights," said Chris Twogood, vice president of product and services marketing, Teradata. "Within this game-changing unified architecture, customers can be assured that their data integration processes are optimized for cost and performance and that they are exploiting the right platform for the right job, dependent on data volume, velocity, and variety. This provides a seamless analytic environment for organizations who want to get the most from all their data."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV