General and administrative expenses were $5.0 million for the fourth quarter of 2012, compared to $2.9 million for the same period in 2011. The increase in expenses was attributable to establishing commercial capability and an increase in compensation expenses.
Interest expense was $0 million in the fourth quarter of 2012 compared to $0.4 million in the same period in 2011. The company retired its credit facility in the second quarter of 2012 and the average debt balance was $12.9 million in the fourth quarter of 2011.
Cash, cash equivalents and investments were $201.4 million at Dec. 31, 2012, compared to $204.7 million at Sep. 30, 2012 and $128.1 million at Dec. 31, 2011. The increase compared to Dec. 31, 2011 was attributable to the upfront payment from Merck of $120.0 million, the $5.0 million milestone payment from Merck in the current quarter for the MAA filing and Merck's reimbursement of certain research and development expenses, which was partially offset by the cash disbursements for operations and the repayment of the outstanding balance on the credit facility.
Financial GuidanceEndocyte expects that its cash, cash equivalents and investments will be between $145.0 - $160.0 million at Dec. 31, 2013. Endocyte expects 2013 expenses, net of Merck reimbursements, of approximately $65.0 million. The increase in spending supports the following objectives:
- Pre-launch expenses in preparation of a potential approval of vintafolide and etarfolatide in Europe
- Higher enrollment in the PROCEED study
- Increase in development expenses to support two new products expected to enter the clinic
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV