Humana Inc. (NYSE:HUM) announced today that James H. Bloem, 62, Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer, will retire from the company on December 31, 2013, and that it has begun searches for successors to both the Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer roles. These searches will include both internal and external candidates.
Bloem, who joined Humana in February 2001, will participate in the search processes and assist in the transitions of both roles between now and year-end. The 10-month transition period continues the company’s practice of thoughtful planning for senior management succession, the most recent example of which was the 13-month Chief Executive Officer transition from Michael B. McCallister to Bruce D. Broussard, which became effective January 1.
“As both Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer, Jim has made significant contributions to Humana’s success over the last 12 years,” Broussard said. “During this period, the company’s revenues and investment portfolio have increased nearly four-fold. I am pleased that Jim will be an integral part of the search processes and transitions of both of these key financial roles.”
About HumanaHumana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, is a leading health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships. More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company’s web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders;
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings;
- Most recent investor conference presentations;
- Quarterly earnings news releases;
- Replays of most recent earnings release conference calls;
- Calendar of events (including upcoming earnings conference call dates and times, as well as planned interaction with research analysts and institutional investors);
- Corporate Governance information
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV