- Once longevity differences are accounted for, Social Security's progressivity is lessened, relative to estimates based on average longevity estimates by birth year.
- However, even for the most recent group of new retirees analyzed, the program remains progressive.
- Further, the study finds that within birth years, the program redistributes from high to low earning workers, even after accounting for income-related differences in longevity.
The Debate Over Raising The Retirement Age Should Account For Income Differences: NCPA
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.