Parametric Sound (PAMT) is a sound technology company focused on delivering directed parametric sound solutions to customers primarily in digital signage, point-of-purchase, in-store networks and related markets. This stock is trading up 3.9% at $10.91 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 356,000Average Volume: 81,857 Volume % Change: 601% From a technical perspective, PAMT is trending higher here with above-average volume. This move has started to push shares of PAMT into breakout territory, since the stock has taken out some near-term overhead resistance at $10.82. At last check, PAMT has hit an intraday high of $11.40 and volume is well above its three-month average action of 81,857 shares. Shares of PAMT are now quickly moving within range of triggering an even bigger breakout trade. That trade will hit if PAMT manages to clear its all-time high of $11.74 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in PAMT as long as it's trending above today's low of $10.50, and then once it sustains a move or close above $11.74 with volume that hits near or above 81,857 shares. If that breakout hits soon, then PAMT will set up to enter new 52-week-high territory, which is bullish technical price action. Some possible upside targets off that breakout are $13 to $15 in the near future. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV