Acacia Research (ACTG), through its operating subsidiaries acquires, develops, licenses and enforces patented technologies. This stock is trading up 4% at $30.37 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 959,000Average Volume: 503,313 Volume % Change: 182% From a technical perspective, ACTG is bouncing higher here right above its 200-day moving average of $28.49 with above-average volume. This move is quickly pushing shares of ACTG within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit if ACTG manages to clear some near-term overhead resistance at $32.59 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in ACTG as long as it's trending above today's low of $29.45, and then once it sustains a move or close above $32.59 with volume that hits near or above 503,313 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then ACTG will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance level at around $40.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV