Walmart FLW Tour Continues Season At Lewis Smith Lake
JASPER, Ala., Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Walmart FLW Tour's second event of the 2013 season, the Walmart FLW Tour on Lewis Smith Lake presented by Evinrude, will be March 7-10. Hosted by the Chamber of Commerce of Walker County, the tournament will feature a full field of the world's best bass pros and co-anglers casting for top awards up to $125,000 cash in the Pro Division and up to $25,000 cash in the Co-angler Division.
"The fishing is going to be as good as it can get at Smith," said Twix pro Jonathan Newton of Rogersville, Ala. "There are an awful lot of big (spotted bass) and big largemouth in that lake. It's a real clear fishery and what some people may consider to be a tough place to fish. But, I think we're going to hit it at the best possible time we can.
"There's definitely going to be a pre-spawn bite," Newton added. "You may see largemouth prevail for a day or two, but not all four days. That will mix things up and let us fish differently than we have in the past when we've been there.
"The spots are going to play a big role in this tournament, but largemouth will be a factor," Newton went on to say. "In the past you really needed a good largemouth or two a day, and that's something that's very possible. There are some good largemouth to be caught, that's for sure."Newton said Lewis Smith Lake is a predominantly clear body of water, with water clarity changing the further anglers get into the creeks. Newton said anglers will have a variety of bait choices during the tournament but expects crankbaits and jerkbaits to be very popular among competitors. Newton added that other baits that will come into play include plastic worms as well as jigs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV