Preventice Progresses Toward Commercial Availability Of Its BodyGuardian Remote Patient Monitoring Systemâ¿¢
For example, Otterstatter noted that the BodyGuardian RMS was developed in collaboration with Mayo Clinic (which developed the algorithms on which the BodyGuardian RMS technology is based), STMicroelectronics (which provided the sensor technology), and Samsung Electronics (which provided the dedicated wireless environment that contributes to the security and clinical reliability of the BodyGuardian RMS).
Proof of concept: Strong interest in clinical trials continuesTo say that the savings potential for mHealth solutions is significant would be an understatement. A recent report by Deloitte Center for Health Solutions predicts that remote monitoring technology will save nearly $200 billion in health care expenses over the next 25 years by improving the management of chronic conditions. However, a recent report by Frost & Sullivan indicates that mobile technology companies need to provide ample clinical trial evidence to validate the effectiveness of mHealth solutions if the industry is to realize its growth potential.
"We have a strong focus and commitment to clinical trials at Preventice. In fact, we have ongoing pilots in Europe and the United States at several leading health care institutions to validate the efficacy and performance of the BodyGuardian RMS in a variety of settings and applications. We are on track to enroll over 500 patients by the end of the year," said Otterstatter. "Prescription-based cardiac rhythm monitoring is applicable to a variety of conditions and situations, which is what makes the potential for this technology so impressive."
Clinical pilots with the BodyGuardian RMS are currently underway in the United States, France, and Italy targeting the use of remote monitoring for various treatment scenarios including:
- Post-surgical cardiac patients to evaluate how monitoring cardiac rhythms remotely influences all phases of hospital recovery,
- Patients with congestive heart failure to determine early warning of decompensated heart failure and delivery of more timely interventions that can prevent more serious and expensive complications, and
- 24/7 continuous monitoring of non-surgical, infrequently symptomatic patients as they go about their daily lives, with the objective of detecting potential arrhythmias by tracking ECG, respiratory rate and activity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV