"I strongly believe that an advanced order set solution can lead to improvements in patient care," said Carol Steltenkamp, Chief Medical Information Officer, University of Kentucky HealthCare, an InOrder beta customer. "We were eager to implement InOrder by Elsevier because it streamlines the entire process of creating, managing and maintaining order sets, and ensuring that all order sets are based on current evidence-based information and best practices."
- Access to relevant evidence-based answers from ClinicalKey, Elsevier's clinical insight engine
- Advanced collaboration tools for order set development, maintenance, access and tracking
- Tailored, concise ordering focused on the most common scenarios
- Availability across technology platforms enabled by a cloud-based delivery model
- Localization tools to incorporate hospitals' clinical terminologies and import existing order sets
- Enhanced clinical guidance and evidence within the set
- Quality metric indicators that highlight orders important for guidelines and metrics
"We developed InOrder with our customers top-of-mind and a goal of providing a superior solution that would positively impact patient care and support physician workflow," said Jay Katzen, president of Elsevier's clinical solutions business. "Our focus was on delivering a quality, metrics-driven system that was easy for clinicians to use. Clinicians will have the flexibility to manage their own workflow and order sets, access content that includes CDS guidance and regular updates, and utilize a layout based on the way they think and work."
For a demonstration of InOrder, and to learn more about Elsevier, visit them at HIMSS13 ( March 3-7) in New Orleans at booth #6129. A complete list of demonstrations and Elsevier presentations at HIMSS can be found be at http://www.clinicaldecisionsupport.com/himss13.# # # About Elsevier Elsevier is a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services. The company works in partnership with the global science and health communities to publish more than 2,000 journals, including The Lancet and Cell, and close to 20,000 book titles, including major reference works from Mosby and Saunders. Elsevier's online solutions include ScienceDirect, Scopus, Reaxys, ClinicalKey and Mosby's Suite, which enhance the productivity of science and health professionals, and the SciVal suite and MEDai's Pinpoint Review, which help research and health care institutions deliver better outcomes more cost-effectively. A global business headquartered in Amsterdam, Elsevier employs 7,000 people worldwide. The company is part of Reed Elsevier Group PLC, a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors, which is jointly owned by Reed Elsevier PLC and Reed Elsevier NV. The ticker symbols are REN (Euronext Amsterdam), REL (London Stock Exchange), RUK and ENL (New York Stock Exchange). Media contact
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts