Feb. 25, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Boehringer Ingelheim Cares Foundation today announced that it has published its first online Giving Report, which is available at
. The Giving Report summarizes through short stories, pictures and videos the four primary ways the Foundation makes more health: the donation of our medicine, our support of and engagement in community programs, the time and skills employees donate in our employee volunteer program, and our advocacy of social enterprise as an innovative way to solve problems and forge lasting change in our communities and society at large.
"Boehringer Ingelheim Cares Foundation aims to make more health for people in need," said
, President, Boehringer Ingelheim Cares Foundation. "Our Giving Report provides an overview of the philanthropic programs and partnerships we invest in to help patients and their families and strengthen our communities."
In the report, visitors will learn about a variety of programs and profiles including:
About Boehringer Ingelheim Cares Foundation
- Our giving through our Patient Assistance Program and Product Donation Program
- A patient story and video about the Boehringer Ingelheim AmeriCares Free Clinic
- Employee skills-based volunteerism to help local nonprofits
- Our global collaboration with Ashoka to support healthcare innovation through social enterprise
Boehringer Ingelheim Cares Foundation is a private foundation with a mission to provide "more health" to patients, families and communities through its four major programs:
1) A Patient Assistance Program that makes our branded medicines available free of charge to patients without prescription insurance coverage who meet certain household income criteria
2) A Product Donation Program that donates BI medicines to approved nonprofit partners who meet certain standards, and who distribute the medicines around the world where there is tremendous unmet need