SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Twilio, the market leader in cloud communications, has released a new whitepaper that provides a comprehensive guide to phone-based password protection, also commonly referred to as Two Factor Authentication. The increasing frequency of password breaches, with hacks happening at companies as diverse as Apple, Facebook, and most recently Twitter, make a strong case for new solutions that allow multi-factor password authentication. Phone-based authentication is the next wave of password authentication with some key advantages including low implementation costs and deployments that can take place almost instantly. The whitepaper is available for free at http://ahoy.twilio.com/whitepaper/two-factor-auth-pr
The whitepaper, titled "A Guide to Phone-Based Password Protection (Sample Code Included)" offers important strategies to help companies implement phone based authentication solutions as well as two case studies from Intuit and CloudPassage.
This whitepaper will educate readers on the following topics:
- Password hacks are common, expensive and on the rise
- The cost of password breaches alone cost companies an average of $5.5 million each
- Phone based authentication is a fast, easy way to increase password security and can be deployed almost instantly
- Should you buy phone-based authentication or build it?
- Different scenarios and step by step guidance on implementation