Cramer Quick Take: Sequestration Cometh
Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- With massive government budget cuts just days away, Jim Cramer told Debra Borchardt at TheStreet.com Monday that he's not playing into the scare tactics that are starting to pour out of Washington.
Instead, he said, the sequester may actually be a good thing.
Cramer said while Obama officials are saying military spending cuts may delay the deployment of Navy ships, in reality the military has plenty of places and programs where it can cut spending and still keep vital programs alive.He said CNBC colleague Larry Kudlow has done extensive research on budgets and government spending and, according to Kudlow, the government can easily find the cuts that are being mandated. As for the stock market, Cramer said that perhaps like the fiscal cliff, going over then fixing what's most broken after the fact may be the winning strategy, especially since that appears to be the only strategy left on the table. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV