Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- In the battle between Macy's (M) and JC Penney (JCP) over the rights to sell Martha Stewart's merchandise, Jim Cramer told Debra Borchardt at TheStreet.com Monday that he's siding with Macy's.
At issue is whether Stewart, the driving force behind Martha Stewart Omnimedia (MSO), and the planned store-within-a-store inside JC Penney conflicts with her exclusive deal to only sell products at Macy's. Cramer said the store-in-a-store distinction doesn't, in his mind, hold water and he views the decision to expand into JC Penney as a rare misstep for Stewart.
Martha Stewart has the best brands, he noted, but when he thinks about those brands, he's now thinking Macy's.To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV