BOSTON, Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Demand growth for white top liners has increased significantly higher than the overall growth in corrugated packaging during the past year. According to a study published today by RISI, the leading information provider for the global forest products industry, white top liner segments will likely post better profit margins over their brown counterparts as demand for white top liner in Europe continues to grow. 2012 Outlook for European White Top Containerboard Markets with 2013 Update examines and forecasts market developments until 2016.
"Over the last decade, the European containerboard market has already grown by close to 5 million tonnes. Although white top liners only make up a 12% share of total European containerboard demand, demand for white top liners is being driven upward by printing quality requirements on the part of end-users and brand owners for retail-ready packaging," said Orifjon Abidov, Senior Economist for European Paper Packaging at RISI.
2012 Outlook for European White Top Containerboard Markets with 2013 Update provides a historical analysis of the white top containerboard market from 2002 – 2012 and covers supply and demand trends by country, trade, production costs, pricing, and profitability until 2016.Outlook for European White Top Containerboard Markets Includes:
- Recent trends in European containerboard markets
- European White Top Containerboard Producers and their market shares
- Demand growth rate changes for each containerboard grade since 2002
- Capacity growth rate movements since 2002
- Anticipated European White Top Testliner and White Top Kraftliner market developments through 2016
- Price trends for White Top Testliner and White Top Kraftliner since 2000
- Production costs and price changes over the next five years
- Profitability developments for White Top Containerboard since 2000
- Profitability expectations over the next five years