SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- EMC's new Pivotal HD™ is an Apache Hadoop distribution that natively integrates the industry-leading EMC Greenplum massively parallel processing (MPP) database technology with the Apache Hadoop framework.
- The engineering innovation and technology called HAWQ™, brings Greenplum's decade of research and development on the industry's best MPP analytical database platform to Apache Hadoop, the open-source Big Data platform.
- New HAWQ technology brings more than 100X performance improvement (in some cases up to 600X) to a wide range of query types and workloads, making Pivotal HD the single most powerful Hadoop distribution in the industry.
- Pivotal HD with HAWQ represents the world's first true SQL processing for Hadoop, expanding the platform's reach to SQL programmers and developers, as well as enabling compatibility with traditional BI tools.
EMC® Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced a new distribution of Apache Hadoop: Pivotal HD. Pivotal HD features native integration of EMC's industry leading Greenplum® massively parallel processing (MPP) database with Apache Hadoop—the most cost-effective and flexible open source Big Data platform ever developed. The new EMC Greenplum-developed HAWQ™ technology brings 10 years of large scale data management research and development to Hadoop and delivers more than 100X performance improvements when compared to existing SQL-like services on top of Hadoop, making Pivotal HD the single most powerful Hadoop distribution in the industry.Hadoop has rapidly emerged as the preferred solution for Big Data analytics applications that grapple with vast repositories of unstructured data. It is flexible, scalable, inexpensive, fault-tolerant, and enjoys rapid adoption rates and a rich ecosystem surrounded by massive investment. However, customers face high hurdles to broadly adopting Hadoop as their singular data repository due to a lack of useful interfaces and high-level tooling for Business Intelligence and datamining—components that are critical to data analytics and building a data-driven enterprise. As the world's first true SQL processing for Hadoop, Pivotal HD addresses these challenges.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts