CHICAGO, Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines will launch summer-season service from its New York hub at Newark Liberty International Airport to Anchorage, Alaska, and Traverse City, Mich. The new flights will offer the only nonstop service between the New York area and Anchorage, and the only nonstop service between Newark Liberty and Traverse City.
United will operate the Anchorage service on Saturdays from July 6, 2013 through Aug. 31, 2013, using Boeing 757 aircraft. United Express service to Traverse City will operate on weekends from July 5, 2013 through Aug. 25, 2013, with 50-seat regional jet aircraft flown by ExpressJet.
"United is pleased to add service to Anchorage and Traverse City from the Newark Liberty hub, which already has the broadest network of nonstop flights of any carrier from New York and New Jersey," said Mike Brzostowski, United's regional sales director, New York and New Jersey. "These flights expand summer travel options even further."
The new flights are available for sale at united.com and through other distribution systems.About United in New York/ Newark United is the New York area's largest airline, with more flights to more cities around the world from Newark Liberty, John F. Kennedy International and LaGuardia airports than any other airline. At Newark Liberty, the airline offers more than 400 daily flights to destinations throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. United also offers frequent daily service from Newark Liberty, Kennedy and LaGuardia to top business travel markets including Chicago, Houston, Boston, Los Angeles and San Francisco. In addition, its location and on-airport rail links make Newark Liberty the most convenient major airport for travelers originating in north and central New Jersey, New York City and southern New York State. Last month, United broke ground on a new widebody maintenance hangar at Liberty.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV