"Thanks to partnerships with community-minded companies such as Marriott International, we have distributed more than 12 million soap bars in more than 65 countries since 2009," said Shawn Seipler, CEO and co-founder of Clean the World. "And the partnership does more than save lives. It also reduces the burden on landfills by diverting waste that otherwise would be disposed locally by each participating hotel."
Marriott is committed to protecting the environment inside and beyond its hotels. The company's Spirit To Preserve® environmental strategy calls for: greening our multi-billion supply chain; further reducing energy and water consumption by 20 percent by 2020; empowering hotel development partners to build green hotels; educating and inspiring employees and guests to conserve and preserve the environment; and addressing environmental challenges through innovative conservation initiatives. For more information about our sustainability efforts visit www.marriott.com/environment.
Clean the World Foundation Inc. is a 501 (c) (3) charitable organization with the mission of saving millions of lives around the globe. Clean the World leads a global hygiene revolution to distribute recycled soap and hygiene products from more than 1,700 hospitality partners to children and families suffering from high death rates due to the top two killers of children worldwide – acute respiratory infection (pneumonia) and diarrheal diseases (cholera). Since 2009, Clean the World has distributed more than 12 million bars of soap. Through the " ONE project" launched in late 2012, Clean the World provides hygiene kits domestically to the homeless and families in transition. For more information visit www.cleantheworld.org.
SOURCE Marriott International, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV