3 Stocks Pushing The Metals & Mining Industry Lower
1. As of noon trading, Peabody Energy Corporation ( BTU) is down $0.58 (-2.6%) to $22.10 on average volume Thus far, 4.2 million shares of Peabody Energy Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $22.04-$22.91 after having opened the day at $22.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.68. Peabody Energy Corporation engages in the mining of coal. It mines, prepares, and sells thermal coal to electric utilities and metallurgical coal to industrial customers. Peabody Energy Corporation has a market cap of $6.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 27.5, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 13.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Peabody Energy Corporation a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Peabody Energy Corporation as a hold. The company's strongest point has been its a solid financial position based on a variety of debt and liquidity measures that we have looked at. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Get the full Peabody Energy Corporation Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the metals & mining industry could consider SPDR S&P Metals & Mining ETF ( XME) while those bearish on the metals & mining industry could consider PowerShares DB Base Metals Sht ETN ( BOS). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts