1. As of noon trading, Tenet Healthcare ( THC) is down $0.70 (-1.8%) to $38.61 on light volume Thus far, 435,267 shares of Tenet Healthcare exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $38.61-$39.59 after having opened the day at $39.48 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.31. Tenet Healthcare Corporation, an investor-owned health care services company, owns and operates acute care hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, diagnostic imaging centers, and related health care facilities in the United States. Tenet Healthcare has a market cap of $4.2 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 55.7, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 20.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Tenet Healthcare a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Tenet Healthcare as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally high debt management risk, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins. Get the full Tenet Healthcare Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the health services industry could consider Health Care Select Sector SPDR ( XLV) while those bearish on the health services industry could consider ProShares Ultra Short Health Care ( RXD). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts