1. As of noon trading, Annaly Capital Management ( NLY) is up $0.11 (0.7%) to $15.08 on light volume Thus far, 2.4 million shares of Annaly Capital Management exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $14.97-$15.12 after having opened the day at $15.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.97. Annaly Capital Management, Inc., a real estate investment trust, engages in the ownership, management, and financing of a portfolio of investment securities. Annaly Capital Management has a market cap of $14.6 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.9, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 6.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Annaly Capital Management a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Annaly Capital Management as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins, notable return on equity and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full Annaly Capital Management Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the real estate industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Real Estate ( IYR) while those bearish on the real estate industry could consider ProShares Short Real Estate Fund ( REK). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts