1. As of noon trading, Southwestern Energy Company ( SWN) is up $0.88 (2.6%) to $34.23 on heavy volume Thus far, 4.0 million shares of Southwestern Energy Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $33.99-$34.60 after having opened the day at $34.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.35. Southwestern Energy Company, an independent energy company, engages in the exploration, development, and production of natural gas and oil primarily in the United States. The company operates through two segments, Exploration and Production, and Midstream Services. Southwestern Energy Company has a market cap of $11.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are down 0.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Southwestern Energy Company a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 18 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Southwestern Energy Company as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its expanding profit margins over time. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Get the full Southwestern Energy Company Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the energy industry could consider Energy Select Sector SPDR ( XLE) while those bearish on the energy industry could consider Proshares Short Oil & Gas ( DDG). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts