1. As of noon trading, Abbott Laboratories ( ABT) is up $0.10 (0.3%) to $34.65 on light volume Thus far, 2.4 million shares of Abbott Laboratories exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $34.59-$34.84 after having opened the day at $34.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.55. Abbott Laboratories engages in the discovery, development, manufacture, and sale of health care products worldwide. Abbott Laboratories has a market cap of $53.8 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 4.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Abbott Laboratories a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Abbott Laboratories as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Get the full Abbott Laboratories Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the drugs industry could consider SPDR S&P Pharmaceuticals ETF ( XPH) while those bearish on the drugs industry could consider ProShares UltraShort Nasdaq Biotech ( BIS). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts