1. As of noon trading, Paychex ( PAYX) is up $0.36 (1.1%) to $33.48 on average volume Thus far, 1.4 million shares of Paychex exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $33.34-$33.62 after having opened the day at $33.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.12. Paychex, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides payroll, human resource, and benefits outsourcing solutions for small to medium-sized businesses in the United States and Germany. Paychex has a market cap of $12.0 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.4, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 6.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Paychex a buy, 4 analysts rate it a sell, and 18 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Paychex as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Paychex Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the diversified services industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Services ( IYC) while those bearish on the diversified services industry could consider ProShares Ultra Short Consumer Sers ( SCC). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts