- Promote image: One of the most effective ways hoteliers can enhance the atmosphere and customer service is through employee uniforms. This includes providing employees with uniforms that are functional, stylish and comfortable and also teaching them how to properly care for the garments to maintain a professional look at all times. To help, hoteliers can consider partnering with a qualified uniform provider that understands their property’s unique image and how to promote a cohesive, consistent brand through an apparel program. When employees look their best, they will feel their best—able to more confidently and efficiently deliver outstanding guest experiences.
- Increase cleanliness: A clean, odor-free hotel is a basic, yet critical way to provide an exceptional stay for guests. Ensure that guest rooms and common areas are clean by partnering with a tile and carpet deep cleaning provider. For the best results, confirm that their services are Platinum-certified by the Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI) and use a combination of steam, agitation and extraction to ensure the highest level of cleaning efficacy. In addition, it’s important to routinely deep clean air conditioning (A/C) coil units to improve indoor air quality and remove unpleasant odors from guest rooms.
- Encourage safety: One misstep from hotel management to ensure guest safety during an emergency can cause a whirlwind of negative reviews and a damaged reputation. Ensure that guest safety is top of mind by equipping the hotel with up-to-date fire extinguishers, fire and smoke alarm systems, emergency lights and illuminated exit signs. For additional peace of mind, hold fire safety training sessions for employees and make sure detailed emergency evacuation procedures are outlined and displayed throughout the property.
- Maintain security: Each day, a hotel collects an extensive amount of sensitive and confidential guest information through bookings, loyalty programs and on-site purchases. Ensure that guests’ personal information remains secure by partnering with a comprehensive document management provider. By properly shredding sensitive documents, hotels can prevent guest information from ending up in the wrong hands.
Check In With Cintas And Anthony Melchiorri’s Hotel Best Practices
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts