A new study conducted by the Ponemon Institute, commissioned by 3M, the maker of privacy filters for computers and mobile devices, reveals that employees are 50 percent less productive when they feel their visual privacy on their computer or mobile device screen is at risk. Based on this finding, lost productivity due to employee visual privacy concerns is potentially costing a U.S. business organization with more than 7,500 people more than $1 million dollars per year. 1 The 3M Visual Privacy Productivity Study also found that visual privacy concerns impact an employee’s willingness to fully disclose sensitive information on a computer screen, which is especially relevant in industries where customer information is collected on a computer or tablet screen in a public place.
3M Visual Privacy Productivity Study Infographic (1) (Graphic: 3M)
Larry Ponemon, Chairman and Founder of the Ponemon Institute, will discuss the findings of the 3M Visual Privacy Productivity Study and its implications at the 2013 RSA Conference during a special presentation at the RSA Briefing Center on Tuesday, February 26 at 11:15 a.m. PST. Attendees are also invited to visit the 3M booth (number 532) throughout the duration of the show to learn more about the study and experience the full portfolio of 3M privacy and protection products.
“While many companies realize that snooping and visual privacy presents a potential data security issue, there has been little research regarding how the lack of visual privacy impacts a business’ bottom line,” says Mr. Ponemon. “As workers become more mobile and continue to work in settings where there is the potential for visual privacy concerns, companies need to find solutions to address productivity as it relates to computer visual privacy in addition to dealing with the fundamental security issues of mobile devices.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV