- 10 a.m., "Practical Strategies for Today's Bond Market": Eric Jacobson, senior fund analyst, Morningstar, and Marta Norton, investment manager, Morningstar Investment Services, Inc., will share how an investor can set up a game plan for their fixed-income investments in a low-interest rate environment.
- 11 a.m., "Give Your Portfolio a Checkup": Morningstar director of personal finance Christine Benz will show investors how to test the balance of their portfolios for stocks, bonds, cash, and international investments; evaluate a portfolio's strengths and weaknesses; and identify which sectors look inviting in 2013.
- 12:30 p.m., "Top Picks from Morningstar's Strategists": In a roundtable session, Morningstar's newsletter editors and top strategists will take investors' questions about the current market and the best opportunities in stocks and funds. Panelists include Matt Coffina , editor of Morningstar StockInvestor; Russ Kinnel , director of mutual fund research and editor , Morningstar FundInvestor; Samuel Lee , ETF analyst and editor, Morningstar ETFInvestor; and Josh Peters , director of equity-income strategy and editor, Morningstar DividendInvestor.
- 1:30 p.m., "Smarter International Investing": With a recession in the Eurozone and growth concerns in China, Morningstar senior securities analyst Daniel Rohr and senior fund analyst Patty Oey will discuss opportunities for those looking to add international investments to their portfolios.
- 2:30 p.m., "Social Security: Your Questions Answered": Mary Beth Franklin , contributing editor and retirement columnist, InvestmentNews; and Mark Miller , editor and syndicated columnist for AARP The Magazine, Reuters, and RetirementRevised.com; will tackle ways investors can maximize their Social Security benefits and prepare for potential future changes in benefit payouts, as well as address investor questions on this important source of retiree income.
- 3:30 p.m., "How to Build Your Income Stream": Benz will close the conference by hosting a panel with John Ameriks , principal, investment counseling and research, Vanguard, and Harold Evensky , president, principal, and wealth manager, Evensky & Katz Wealth Management, who will explore ideas for generating income in an era of low yield.
Morningstar Announces Speakers And Agenda For 2013 Individual Investor Conference
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts