Digging for Opportunity in Precious Metals, Part 2
The more interesting half of the reply is that we have good reason to believe we're nearing an absolute bottom. However, don't accept the words of a "gold bull" here, but rather get that same sentiment from Lauren Templeton Investments, which doesn't like gold:
At first glance, it may seem strange to use the words bargain and gold in the same sentence. However, the distinction lies not in the shiny yellow metal but rather in the observation that the mining firms operating in this space have not traded at such low valuations since the Lehman induced panic of the financial crisis during late 2008...
The rally in the gold- and silver-mining companies that followed that bottom was the most spectacular of this entire bull market.
There is one final, but crucial caveat here for investors: the major distinction between the large-cap miners and the junior miners producing in this sector. This will come in the conclusion of the series.
This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV