Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The
Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel, situated at 999 9
th Street at K Street, NW, announced today the completion of the redesign of its 807 guest rooms and suites, a
30 million dollar investment by its owners, Sunstone Hotels. Renaissance Hotels is a lifestyle brand within the
Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE: MAR) global portfolio.
"We are thrilled with our fresh new room product. When our guests discover our new rooms, they will appreciate the essence of modern lifestyle elegance without sacrificing warmth and functionality," says Sharon Lockwood, general manager, Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel. "The new guestrooms and our recent lobby re-concept are part of the hotel's evolution into more of a lifestyle space beyond being termed a convention hotel."
Created by Dash Design of New York, the guestrooms and guest corridor interiors along with its customs furnishings reflect an interpretation of quintessential casual American fashion and tailored design.
Guests will find a soothing neutral color palate of khaki and coco-browns with splashes of reinterpreted denim blues and reds. Each room is accented with clean and modern furniture. The leather lounge and desk chairs are inspired by twentieth century modernism. LED reading pin lights are mounted on headboards with easy to reach plugs for guests to plug in their own mobile devices. The luxurious spa-like bathrooms have rain forest shower heads, backlit mirrors and accent wall coverings featuring a custom collage of historic events in
Washington from 1940 to 1970. Artwork capturing glimpses of
Washington, DC's history pop in the guest rooms in the form of presidential profiles, signatures, and the city's original design plans of Pierre Charles L'Enfant.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV