Rating Change #4
Hollysys Automation Technologies Ltd.
(HOLI - Get Report)
has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HOLI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 7.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- HOLI's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.09 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, HOLI has a quick ratio of 2.01, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry and the overall market, HOLLYSYS AUTOMATION TECH LTD's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 40.98% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HOLI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- HOLLYSYS AUTOMATION TECH LTD has improved earnings per share by 17.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HOLLYSYS AUTOMATION TECH LTD increased its bottom line by earning $1.01 versus $0.75 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.11 versus $1.01).
Hollysys Automation Technologies Ltd. provides automation and control technologies and applications to customers in the industrial, railway, subway, and nuclear industries in the People's Republic China, south-east Asia, and the Middle East. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Hollysys Automation has a market cap of $735.3 million and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. Shares are up 10.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
You can view the full
Hollysys Automation Ratings Report
or get investment ideas from our
investment research center