Rating Change #5
Beasley Broadcast Group Inc
(BBGI - Get Report)
has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 52.53% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, BBGI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- BEASLEY BROADCAST GROUP INC has improved earnings per share by 6.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BEASLEY BROADCAST GROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.49 versus $0.44 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.56 versus $0.49).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- 39.30% is the gross profit margin for BEASLEY BROADCAST GROUP INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 13.13% is above that of the industry average.
Beasley Broadcast Group, Inc., a radio broadcasting company, engages in the operation of radio stations in the United States. It sells commercial advertising airtime to local and national advertisers. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.5, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Beasley Broadcast Group has a market cap of $31 million and is part of the services sector and media industry. Shares are up 3.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
You can view the full
Beasley Broadcast Group Ratings Report
or get investment ideas from our
investment research center