To me this over-rotation tells me be careful and I would be a seller of almost all of these stocks, starting with General Mills (GIS), Hormel (HRL), Clorox (CLX), Campbell's (CPB), Colgate (CLP) and Conagra (CAG). Sure, Campbell's could be taken over. The others are just slow growers that, to varying degrees, seem ready to correct. I think if Chavez dies, you would get hurt on a return to higher profitability for Colgate's substantial Venezuelan business, otherwise I think group is certainly not the place to be. (Keep in mind that there are shorts running all over Hain Celestial (HAIN), on lies about its claims to be organic on many products and as much as they are rebuttable, no one seems to care right now and the stock seems headed lower still.
There's not all that much that is overextended, but two techs seem ripe for a bit of a correction in Google (GOOG) and Tech Data (TECD). The $1,000 price targets that Google got hit with last week seemed preordained to call a short-term Apple-like top. Tech Data has a huge amount of European business, so I think the rally could stall here.
It's worth noting that both Federal Express (FDX) and Action Alerts PLUS name United Parcel (UPS) seem over-extended, too, but I know that I am looking to buy more UPS not sell it, even as we did recently take profits in FedEx.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV