Customer satisfaction scores for insurance companies
Also, “throughout the life of a claim, our members are proactively 'pinged' via email to ensure they are receiving the level of service that they expect,” says Vaith.
We also asked customers their reasons for deciding to buy from their insurers. Flo is paying off: Progressive has the highest number of customers who made their decision based on seeing a TV commercial (18 percent), followed closely by Allstate (17 percent) and Geico (16 percent). USAA had the lowest percentage of customers (4 percent) who chose the company based on a commercial.
In the home insurance category, USAA was slightly dinged in price satisfaction but made up the difference with strong scores for customer service and recommendations. AIG and The Hartford, while not in the top three, had the highest percentage of customers who say they will renew, at 96 percent each.
Life & health insurance scores
Life insurance: Jackson National, Prudential, New York Life and State Farm Life topped the rankings. The high number of customers who would recommend Jackson Life helped propel it to the top.Health insurance: Kaiser Permanente, Humana and BCBS of Florida are the favorites this year. Kaiser Permanente also held the No. 1 ranking last year. Methodology Insure.com conducted surveys of 3,835 insurance customers nationwide in February and March 2014 to collect 9,586 company reviews. Only current customers of the insurers on our lists were surveyed. The survey was not open to the general public on the Insure.com website. We collected reviews for auto, home, health and life insurance carriers. Consumers answered questions about their levels of satisfaction with their insurers, and each answer was assigned a point value. Points were then averaged and totaled for each company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV