2013 Insurance Customer Satisfaction Report
USAA, American General and Kaiser Permanente earned the highest scores from customers in their respective categories in Insure.com's annual customer satisfaction study.
Complete scores and rankings can be accessed through Insure.com's interactive tool.
Overall satisfaction with insurers' customer service went up for everyone except auto insurers, where satisfaction levels held steady. And while satisfaction with life insurers went up, they still dropped below health insurers this year for customer service satisfaction.
We asked more than 5,600 insurance customers nationwide to rate their satisfaction with their auto, home, health and life insurance companies. We collected ratings for 20 large companies for four types of insurance. Use the tool at the right find detailed customer satisfaction scores.Here are percentages of customers saying they are “completely” or “somewhat” satisfied with their insurers' customer service:
- Auto insurance customers: 80 percent (2012 results: 80 percent).
- Home insurance customers: 76 percent (2012 results: 73 percent).
- Life insurance customers: 67 percent (2012 results: 63 percent).
- Health insurance customers: 71 percent (2012 results: 61 percent).
Winners of Insure.com's 2013 People's Choice Award
|Complete car insurance rankings|
|Complete home insurance rankings|
|Complete life insurance rankings|
|BCBS of Illinois||83.3|
|Complete health insurance rankings|
- Customer service
- Claims satisfaction
- Value for price paid
- Percent who plan to renew
- Percent who would recommend the company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV