The Estée Lauder Companies proudly announces the winners of the Third Annual Leonard A. Lauder Volunteer of the Year Awards, which have expanded globally, recognizing 14 employees in seven countries and six regions for their significant personal commitments to their communities through volunteerism. The categories include: Volunteer of the Year, Volunteer Leader of the Year, along with two new Award categories: Volunteer Team of the Year and Recognition for Outstanding Community Service. Each of these Award categories recognizes The Estée Lauder Companies’ employees who have demonstrated exceptional service to their communities in unique and impactful ways, consistent with the longstanding values of the Company. The primary non-profit partner supported by the award winners will receive a $2,500 equivalent donation in recognition of this honor.
The Leonard A. Lauder Volunteer of the Year Award is given globally for outstanding commitment to volunteerism that has made a significant impact on the community. This year’s recipients are:
- Phillip Ing, Vice President, International Special and Retail Events, M∙A∙C Cosmetics, Toronto, of the North America region for his work with AIDS Committee of Toronto
- Natthaya Kanokmethapong, Clinique Area Manager, Northern Region of Thailand, of the Asia Pacific region for her work with the Prostheses Foundation of H.R.H. the Princess Mother
- Sue Knight, Internet/Returns/Reworks Supervisor , Kites Croft, UK for her work with Havant & District Mencap
- Farrah Marin-Serralta, Marketing Administrator for Aramis and Designer Fragrances, Aveda, GoodSkin Labs and Lab Series, Travel Retail Americas, of the Travel Retail division for her work with charity: water
- Ma. Teresa Cuéllar Molina, National Sales Manager, M∙A∙C Cosmetics, México, of the Latin America region for her work with Mi Ultimo Deseo (My Last Wish)
- Leebashni Reddy, Estée Lauder Account Executive, The Estée Lauder Companies South Africa, of the Europe Middle East and Africa region for her work with the RP Moodley School for Disabled Children
The Leonard A. Lauder Volunteer Leader of the Year Award celebrates an individual who has inspired and led fellow employees to make an impact through volunteerism. This year’s recipient is:
- Douglas R. Wood, Vice President, Enterprise Architecture, Strategy and Security for his work with the Somaly Mam Foundation
The Leonard A. Lauder Volunteer Team of the Year Award acknowledges outstanding commitment by a department or group of employees who have made a significant impact on the community utilizing volunteerism as a means of High-Touch leadership. This year’s award is given to The Aveda Global Education Team in North America for their work with Project Homeless Connect. The Aveda Global Education Team recipients are:
- Shelley Barnes, Executive Director, Field Education & Program Development
- Deanna Carciofini, Administrative Assistant, Global Education
- Kyle Miner, Manager, Shows & Production
- Wendy Rose, Salon Development Partner, Aveda Services Midwest
- Stephanie Wagner, Executive Director, Retail Education
- Barbara Pomilla, Director, Global Manufacturing Planning and Optimization, Melville, NY for her leadership since 1997 in energizing Company colleagues through volunteer opportunities. The benefiting organization is The Muscular Dystrophy organization.
- Yoko Ogata, La Mer Expert, La Mer Sales Department, Fujisaki Department Store, Sendai, Japan for offering hope and encouragement to earthquake survivors in Japan by enlisting beauty experts to visit shelters and provide makeovers. The benefiting organization is Tokyo de Volunteer.