Visa’s agreement with ROAM aims to displace cash globally
The agreement with ROAM is Visa’s first under the Visa Ready Partner Program, which is designed to enable growth of Visa acceptance and usage in key geographies and merchant segments worldwide. According to the agreement, ROAM and Visa will focus on several areas to displace the use of cash globally using mobile point-of-sale acceptance technology:
- Preferred Brand Collaboration: The companies have agreed to work together on a multinational basis to promote Visa’s and ROAM’s respective mobile acceptance solutions
- Visa Ready: ROAM’s mobile point-of-sale hardware devices, which it white labels globally for other companies to market under their own brands, may bear the Visa Ready symbol that can be used to promote and market the devices as approved for use with Visa payments.
- Direct connection to Visa: In select countries, Visa will provide ROAM with APIs (Application Program Interfaces) and SDKs (Software Development Kits) in order to connect to Visa via a number of payment gateways, including CyberSource and Authorize.Net merchant payment management platforms acquired by Visa in 2010. This will enable merchants of all sizes to accept and process Visa’s transactions.
- White Label: ROAM has agreed to develop and provide Visa acquirers and merchants globally with white label mobile acceptance devices that are fully approved for use with Visa EMV-chip, contactless and magnetic stripe card payments, and compatible with CyberSource and Authorize.Net mobile point-of-sale solutions.
During Mobile World Congress 2013 in Barcelona, February 25-28, the two companies will offer mobile point-of-sale acceptance demonstrations using a ROAM mobile acceptance device. For more information, visit Visa’s stand at Mobile World Congress, Hall 6, Stand 6E40.
About Visa Inc.Visa is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories to fast, secure and reliable electronic payments. We operate one of the world’s most advanced processing networks—VisaNet—that is capable of handling more than 24,000 transaction messages a second, with fraud protection for consumers and assured payment for merchants. Visa is not a bank and does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations, however, enable its financial institution customers to offer consumers more choices: pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. For more information, visit corporate.visa.com. About ROAM ROAM, an Ingenico company, helps merchants get to market quickly with secure, cost effective and powerful mobile point of sale solutions, regardless of the technology environment. ROAM’s “powered by” mCommerce platform provides the hardware peripherals, applications, tools and services enabling companies worldwide to realize the benefits of using mobile to reinvent their interactions with their customers and to create new business efficiencies. Founded in 2005, ROAM is a pioneer in the mobile POS space, having produced and distributed the industry’s first secure mobile card reader and today powers mobile point of sale solutions for many of the leading companies in this market, globally. For more information, visit www.roamdata.com.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts