SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- 2013 RSA Security Conference – A groundbreaking study from a top cybersecurity analyst firm, Big Data Analytics in Cyber Defense, confirms that big data analytics offer a powerful arsenal for cyber security, but adoption is alarmingly slow. The report, released today by Teradata Corporation (NYSE: TDC), the analytic data solutions company, and the Ponemon Institute, contains several key findings:
- Cyber-attacks are getting worse but only 20 percent say their organizations are more effective at stopping them. The greatest areas of cyber security risk are caused by mobility, lack of visibility and multiple global interconnected network systems.
- Fifty-six percent are aware of the technologies that provide big data analytics and 61 percent say they will solve pressing security issues, but only 35 percent have them. The 61 percent say big data analytics is in their future.
- Less than half of organizations are vigilant in preventing (42 percent) anomalous and potentially malicious traffic from entering networks or detecting such traffic (49 percent) in their networks.
- Big data analytics with security technologies ensure a stronger cyber defense. Eighty-two percent would like big data analytics combined with anti-virus/anti-malware; 80 percent say anti-DoS/DDoS would make their organizations more secure.
- To access, read, and share the Ponemon Study and a new Cyber Analytics Infographic, please visit the Teradata Cyber Analytics web page by clicking here.
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130225/CL65536) (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120412/CL86658LOGO) "While data growth and complexity are explosive factors in cyber defense, new big data tools and data management techniques are emerging that can efficiently handle the volume and complexity of IP network data," said Dr. Larry Ponemon, Chairman and Founder of the Ponemon Institute, a research "think tank" dedicated to advancing privacy and data protection practices. "These new database analytic tools can bring more power and precision to an enterprise cyber defense strategy, and will help organizations rise to meet the demands of complex and large-scale analytic and data environments."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV